Saturday, May 29, 2010

swimming lessons

Sierra just started swimming lessons last Thurs. She had taken lessons through YMCA a year ago, and did okay with them. Those were group lessons and I had to get in the water with her. I don't really think she learned much in those lessons. So this year I try something different. There is a lady that works at State Farm that teaches private lessons at a local hotel. It is just Sierra and the teacher in the pool for 15 mins. I had mixed thought about me not being in the pool, I was glad that I did not have to get in, but was not sure how Sierra would do without me or dad in the pool with her. We got to the lesson early so she got to see another boy take lessons, she was so excited on the way there to go swimming and when we got there she was excited about the water. When it was her turn surprising she went right to the teacher and got in the water with her. Right when Sierra's lesson started about 8 other kids showed up to swim also. Since this is at the hotel the pool is still open to the hotel guest. Since the other kids were in the pool Sierra was a little more intimidated. Sierra did cry for most of the lesson but she still rested her head on the teachers shoulder to float on her back. The teacher said she did good and they all cry on the first one but Sierra did not fight her. After the lesson I asked Sierra if she had fun, she said yes and when asked if she wants to swim again she was excited. I just hope she is still excited for her next lesson on Tue. I think sierra learn more in this 15 min lesson crying then she did the 5 lessons we took through the Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment